1) adding a Michigan Dept of Transportation (MDOT) 2017 asphalt crack treatment on parts of M-66 (Division), I-94BL (Columbia), & I-94BL (Dickman), total ~2.7 miles. Total cost ~$59,000, 81.85% Fed Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds, 18.15% State Michigan Betterment (M) funds;
2) deleting replacement of two large heavy duty, low floor, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) fully equipped buses for Battle Creek Transit’s fixed-route service, one in 2017 ($425,000) & one in 2018 ($433,500), given Federal Transit Administration (FTA) policy to not allow FTA Sec 5339(b) discretionary projects in TIP until funding is officially awarded;
3) deleting a 2017 project of Community Action to replace two small light duty vans, with FY17 FTA Sec 5310 "Enhanced Mobility of Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities" funds, as $91,000 project fully funded in FY16;
4) adding MDOT’s 2017 preliminary engineering & construction to add a 0.10 mile right turn lane on the M-66 southbound approach to Glenn Cross Rd. Total cost $131,284, funded 81.85% Fed Congestion Mitigation Air Quality (CMAQ) funds, 18.15% State M funds; and
5) adding 2017 MDOT right-of-way (ROW) work with State M funds: $15,000 for ROW related to the 2018 $1.5M resurfacing of M-66 (Capital Ave NE) from Capital Ave/Division St intersection northward to Frey Dr, and $25,000 for ROW related to the 2019 $3.4M construction to replace the M-311 (11 Mile/Wheatfield Rd) bridge over the Kalamazoo River & rehabilitate approaches.
Details of the above listed projects, and of administrative modifications that may be presented with the TIP amendment, can be provided upon request. Discussion & action regarding the TIP amendment will be conducted at the regular meetings of BCATS’ Technical Committee (Wednesday, 11/16/16) & Policy Committee (Wednesday, 11/30/16). Both meetings begin at 1:30 pm in the Council Chambers of Springfield City Hall at 601 Avenue A. Public comment is encouraged before or at those meetings; BCATS' regular meetings are open to the public. Comments will be accepted up to Policy Committee action on 11/30/16.